InStar Inc. dba DI on Demand ("We" or "Us"), the owner of www.DIonDemand.com (the "Site") and corresponding insurance service (the "Service"), respects the privacy of all its users ("You").
- What Information We Collect About You
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- How We Protect Your Information
- Third-Party Links
- Fair Information Practices Compliance
- Access to Your Personal Information
- Do Not Track Signals and Minors
- Contact Us
- Changes to This Policy
We may revise and change this policy and the ways in which we collect, use and disclose personal information. Please check back here frequently to review the latest version of this policy. If you do not agree with the way we collect and use personal information, please do not use the Site or Service.
1. What Information We Collect About You
The information we may collect about you is described in this section, and includes data related to account registration, such as your name and email address, as well as information you provide us with voluntarily (collectively, the “Personal Information”). We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, or automatically through your use of the Site and Service.
Information We Collect Directly.
- We collect information which you enter directly into the Site to obtain personalized insurance quotes. This information includes but is not limited to your name, your email address, your address, your income level, your occupation, health/insurability data (including your height, weight, tobacco use, current condition of health, past medical treatment, and prescriptions) your age, your gender, your hobbies, your social security number, and general information about your current level of disability insurance coverage.
- Should you choose to contact us direct (e.g., via telephone or email), we will collect any information you may provide us with.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect analytic information related to how users use the Site and the Service on an aggregate and anonymous basis. We may use Google Analytics and other software to collect this information.
Information We Collect Passively.
2. How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information we gather about you for any or all of the following reasons:
- To provide the Site and the Service.
- To respond to your inquiries, and for other customer support purposes.
- To personalize and customize the Site and the Service to better suit your preferences, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise improve your experiences with the Site and the Service.
- To help underwrite and provide accurate insurance rate quotes upon your request.
- To provide insurers with the information that they require for your insurance policy application, if you request that we provide this information to those insurers.
- To generate online display advertising tailored to your interests. If you do not wish to see online display advertising, you may turn off your cookies before visiting the Site or using the Service, but if you turn off your cookies, some features of the Site and the Service may not function as intended.
- To improve the Site and the Service.
- On an aggregate and anonymous basis to help us predict trends in the insurance industry.
- We do not use your Personal Information for direct marketing and advertising purposes, and we do not share your Personal Information with others for direct marketing and advertising purposes.
We may disclose the Personal Information that we collect in the ways described above, and to comply with the law, and to protect us and other users of the Site and/or the Service. For example, we may share information with:
- Third-Party Providers. To help run the Site and the Service, we may disclose the Personal Information we collect from you with third-parties, including our partners such as insuring underwriters and reinsurers, service providers, contractors, or agents. These third-party providers may be located outside of the United States.
- Business Mergers. If we are bought out by or merged with another company, or we are involved in a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the Personal Information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose the Personal Information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We reserve the right to share aggregate or de-identified information about its users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, product development or similar purposes.
4. How We Protect Your Information
We want to make sure that your Personal Information is properly protected. We implement a variety of security measures to protect your Personal Information. However, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You must take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, keeping your username and password private. You agree that we are not responsible for lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity via unauthorized password activity. You also acknowledge that the Site and Services are operating from US based servers, and therefore any Personal Information you submit to the Site and/or Service will be connected through and to servers in the United States.
7. Fair Information Practices Compliance
If a breach of data occurs with our Site and/or Service, we will notify you via email within thirty (30) business days of discovering the breach.
8. Access to Your Personal Information
You may modify the Personal Information that you have submitted to us by visiting http://info.DIonDEMAND.com/contact, and contacting us directly.
9. Do Not Track Signals and Minors
We do not respond to Do Not Track Signals. If you have question regarding our policy, please contact us at the email address listed below.
The Service are for those over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Service and their respective features are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a minor under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete this information.
10. Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site and/or Service, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at
11. Changes to This Policy